Monday, 25 February 2013

Clarity Mask Design Club Stamp and Pan Pastels

This was today's make.  I used an older clarity design club stamp that has been lurking in my stash.  I stamped it 3 times and cut into rectangular boxes.  I then coloured 2 in with an amethyst Promarker and one with a violet Promarker.  I then embelished the 2 amethyst maks with pink gems and the vilot one with silver gems.  I then distressed the edges using violet tint pan pastel and edged using amethyst or violet Promarkers.

To do the background I stamped the mask several times some off and some whole on the page using versa mark ink.  I then went over this using violet tint mixed with a little pink pan pastel.  Again I edged in amethyst.  I then matted and layered the card.

I have to say I am rather pleased with the finished result and am now more determined to buy more pan pastels.  They are so easy to use.

Well best sign off now as Hubby needs the computer!

Lots of Love Emily xx

My Craft Space

Oh dear!  The total shame- this is my craft space- I cannot call it a room as I share the room with a computer, my 'cruise' wardrobe and a bookcase!  I don't even have a desk!!!  But hey this little stash is all mine built up over the last 7 years.

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Clarity Club Design Stamp Feb 2013

Well here it is- my card that used 31 of the design Club stamps.  I coloured them all using Azure, cool grey 5, twylight sky and powder blue Promarkers. The idea was a slightly retro looking card. I then did five decoupaged areas which I reotated so they were diamond shaped.  Each had a raised base layer and 2 further layers to give some depth and add some interest to the design.

This was a very time consumming card which I did over the course of a few days.  I am quite pleased with the final result. 

I have really enjoyed experimenting with this month's stamp.  It lends itself to tesselation, cutting in half and into quarters and then pattern building.  Changing the colours used changes the card quite dramatically. 

Here are some other designs I have produced :

 As you can see a very versitle little tile stamp.

Take Care Emily x

Friday, 22 February 2013

3 Clarity Cottages

This is another card using the Clarity Funky Cottages and gate set.  This took a while as I attempted to build up the scene.  I put the cottages in first and then masked them.  I had to make additional masks as there weren't enough in the set.  I used the blooming forner extension bar for the flowers and one of the grass stamps for the additional foliage. I created the background using home made cloud and hill masks and sponges.  The ink pads were denim and lettuce.  I masked the sun and sponged it using bright yellow Adirondak.  I even did a bit of freehand drawing on this one as I drew the pond!  ll colouring is done once again with Promarkers.  I am lucky in that I have many of the colours.

The background of the card was a bit of a gamble for me but I thought the small leaf stamp would tie in with the rest of the card and draw the eye into the scene on the card.  I am actually really pleased with the result as it has meant that I have diversified from my normal lined edged backgrounds. 

Sorry this is a short blog opost but I have to take my son Henry to his swimming lesson now :
Henry insisted I took his picture and put it up so here he is - 7 year old Henry!

Loving you and leaving you now

Hugs Emily x

Clarity Funky Cottage Scene

Hello and welcome to my very first crafty blog post.  Forgive me for still being a novice and making lots of mistakes- any advise and help gratefully received.  I even have to admit that we have a brand new camera and I had to ask my hubby where the USB lead attatched to it- oops!  Nevermind - we all have to start somewhere and here it is....

This is a scene card made using Clarity stamps.  I used the Funky cottage kit to stamp the house and the gate.  Then I used the tree from the kingfisher kit plus the leaf from that kit and then the tree from the remountable village set and the small flcok of birds from the harbour remountable set.  I masked the gate and house whilst doing the background.  The sky is done in Stonewash blue Adirondack ink using the brayer.  I punched the moon mask using a circular x cut punch.  The ills were done using a make up sponge and lettuce green Adirondak ink.  The leaves were done in bottle and I used multiple leaves to create the hedge.

All the colouring was done using Promarkers.  I invested in Promarkers several years ago now and feel they suit my needs and have a wide colour choice.  I use them for almost all of my craft work.  I finished my piece by edging with a black whispers brush marker (left over from the days when I thought these were the bees knees before I made the change to Promarkers).

I know this card isn't perfect but I am quite pleased with it especially for my first attempt using the new kit.

I so wish I had more time to craft but with the constraints of having a cat, 2 guinea pigs, a husband and a 7 year old son (who has a greater social life that me) it is quite hard tio find much spare time.  I have however recently started at the Clarity Southwest stampers group and so hopefully I will improve my techniques. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post.

Much Love

Emily x

Saturday, 16 February 2013


My name is Emily Follett.  I am 35 years old and live in Devon with my husband, 7 year old son Tonkinese cat and 2 Peruvian (very long haired) guinea pigs. 

I have been crafting, particularly stamping for about 7 years now.  I enjiy stamping with Clarity stamps and the art of brayering.

This blog is just a small platform for me to showcase some of the craft work I do.